Monday, December 13, 2010

I have got records, I did speak to Karkare: Digvijay

GUWAHATI/NEW DELHI: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh, who created a flutter by stating that slain Maharashtra ATS chief Hemant Karkare was under threat from right-wing groups, today insisted that he has spoken to the police officer a few hours before the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai in 2008 and he has proof of this.

"I have got records for that. Absolutely, I am firm on this. I did speak to him and I have stated that already," he told reporters in Guwahati.

"I am sure those who are saying that I did not talk to Karkare would be proved wrong," he later said.

Digvijay's remarks came following a media report which said that call records of Karkare's cell phone showed that he had neither called nor received a call from the Congress general secretary during that period.

As he came under fire, Digvijay had yesterday stuck to his stand that Karkare had spoken about threats from right-wing groups during the telephonic conversation with him.

I have got records, I did speak to Karkare: Digvijay - The Times of India

No comments:

Post a Comment