Monday, December 13, 2010

Bomb hits school bus in Pakistan

"PESHAWAR: A bomb hit a school bus in the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar on Monday, killing a passerby and wounding two young girl students and two others, officials said.

Senior city administration official Siraj Ahmed said the bomb was placed in a dustbin on a roadside.

“When I saw the smoke, I ran toward my teachers at the back (of the bus). The teachers said ‘come, come’. So we got off the bus,” 6-year-old Eman, one of the wounded, said from a hospital where she was lying on a bed with her head bandaged.

The driver of the bus, who was also wounded said the bomb went off shortly after some of the teachers stepped off: “There was a sudden explosion. After that, I did not have my senses. I fell.”

Ahmed said one passerby was killed and the driver, two girl students and another passerby were wounded."

No comments:

Post a Comment